a letter to a.

dear daughter,

oh my goodness.  you are turning 17 months old in four days.  just a month shy of a year and a half old. 

you are so intentional with your love now.  when you wake up in the morning (inevitably screaming as any time left in your crib alone is too long) the first thing you do when I pick you up is say "hug hug" then "daddy, hug" wanting me to bring you into our room for some snuggles.  we lay in our bed and you say hi to everyone "weo, hug hug, cookie, hug hug, daddy, hug hug, mommy, hug"  but you never really leave my arms.  you are always giving me and your dad hi fives, kisses, and hugs. 

you know all the names of those closest to you, granddad and bobbie, gigi and papa, nana and grandpa, tyty, you ask to see ty on the days we aren't nannying but seem to understand when I explain when we will see him next.  you are ok being left with others to watch over you, reading books and playing just fine when I tell you mommy will be back. 

I am so proud of you vocabulary as you now repeat almost any new phrase you hear.  we were listening to "boom boom aint it great to be crazy" and you go "crazy, crazy?!"  today I was changing a stinky diaper and I go "oh my" and you immediately go "oh my! oh my!"  you are such a little lady now, I am always pinning back your bangs with flower clips, you run along in your little toddler shoes, and your legs are long and skinny.  my happy baby is gone, replaced with a charming toddler.

we went through a rough stage, I was having a hard time with some outbursts and the hitting and yelling.  I wasn't sure I was doing a good job and we felt cooped up all the time.  however, I have turned a corner with you and realized that a lot of it comes from not being able to express yourself (duh!) but also it is just part of the age and I stay consistent with how I handle it every time.  you are normally very good about listening and even when you hit me, I sometimes haven't even opened my mouth to correct you before you go "hug, hug?"

I love you baby girl.  I am so happy to see the start of March and a beautiful spring/summer/year with you.  You are my heart of hearts and I love being your mommy.

I will be forever blessed by you.
Love,
Mommy

out for breakfast 3/1/14
 
 

No comments