currently.

hello.  seeing as it is Thursday and I can barely keep my eyes open at 1:18pm, I thought I would take a quick minute to just jot down what the eff is up since honestly... you all aren't getting some deep conversation/intellectual post this week.  I mean, let's have a round of applause that I got in two posts in a week.  (HOW DO MOMS HAVE TIME TO BLOG?!?!!?)


This week -

I was watching my baby's heart rate on the monitor at the hospital.  I fell (again).  It was actually one of those things where I was just immediately pissed at myself because hello how stupid and now I have to go to the hospital to be monitored.  It was actually a very casual affair with me waiting until Jim got home and then just driving myself.  Spoiler alert: everything was fine, my 21 month old just needs to keep her toys out of my way! (yeah right)

Searching for patience, and more sleep.  Hoping these will be combined one of these days.  Also ways to maximize our space while we try to make room for the addition.  Ugh, it's been an emotionally up and down week.  Impatience at wanting to move and meet my new son and knowing in the back of my mind to stop wishing the time away because honey it stops for no one anyway.

I have been missing my best friend a lot this week.  She lives in Raleigh and I got to see her a week and a half ago for her brother's wedding.  Ugh, it was such a tease.  Our times together since she moved four years ago have been few an far between.  I feel lucky in this life to have found both my soulmates (spouse and friend) but it's hard being away from her all the time.

Adelynn has been growing up recently.  It's like we are turning our heads for a second and she is just mastering more and more.  I'd like to do a full post on her updates, but in case I don't get to it, here are things she has mastered recently: independent sentences (IE. asking for someone and then asking for an action "TyTy swim" "Leo eat it") swinging on big girl swings, very independent play both a the park and at home, walking and running everywhere, climbing ladders... it goes on and on.  It both breaks my heart and makes me so proud.

I have been doing my best to ignore the fact that in just a couple short weeks my nannying job will end.  I feel goofy over how sad it is making me.  Those kids are just so special and so close with Addie and I'm close with them. I actually had trouble falling asleep last night because I kept picturing them going to school and leaving Adelynn behind.  I know it is ending for the best of reasons and it might not even be permanent (maybe next summer?) but for now it is and I feel sad that my daughters best friends are going to be going away without an explanation that she will really understand...


ugh.  Way to end on a high note.  That being said, the weather here is gorgeous, I have the windows open - air off in the middle end of July....  also holy cow it's the end of July.  Enjoy the (almost) weekend and have a donut for me!

3 comments

  1. Who knew parenting would be such a tug at the heartstrings? You're dying for them to stay little and so proud of them for growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching our babies grow up is so fulfilling and tear-jerking at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parenting is so bittersweet, always. I hope you got some great sleep this week (and a donut, you should have a donut).

    ReplyDelete