little things

(1) i forgot how good graceland is.  love love love that album.

(2) "She and I have shared the same body. There is a part of her mind that is a part of mine. But when she was born she sprang from me like a slippery fish, and has been swimming away ever since. All her life, I have watched her as though from another shore." Amy Tan, The Joy Luck Club 

hearbreakingly perfect. i am dying to read this book and wondering if i can make it to my next library trip.  even within that, my favorite line is "sprang from me like a slippery fish, and has been swimming away ever since" that line brings tears to my eyes.  motherhood is such a gift, one that is best not held too tightly for fear of damaging the gift.

(3) i have decided on a new tattoo!!  still waiting on inspiration to strike with my daughters (tattoo in memory of her, not getting my 7 month old tattooed)

(4) long weekend and boy do we need it around here.  long week for my hardworking hubby.  cannot wait to relax with him and function as a unit- go team!!

little moments to remember, little prayers to say, little moments to remember that are in my day to day.


1 comment

  1. "little moments to remember, little prayers to say, little moments to remember that are in my day to day."

    LOVE THIS!! Such beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete