welcoming in 26.

**disclaimer, my laptop is back up and running!! hallelujah ptl!  i apologize for my conspicuous absence on the blog while that was going on, but it was nice to be unplugged for a while and not having a computer definitely does that.



dear jim and little a,

yesterday i turned 26.  and you made me feel like the luckiest woman alive.  baby girl, i will write to you first, you lit up my heart yesterday and i thought it might burst with happiness.  your daddy got up with you when you woke up at the ungodly hour of 6:30 and when i came rolling down at 8, you were nothing but smiles.  we shared a breakfast together in which you were your usual smiling, happy, babbling self and then we napped together on the couch.  your body, which is becoming less tiny by the day, curled into mine, your deep even breaths setting a tone for my day and giving my heart peace.  when you woke up, we took the dogs for a (HOT!) trail walk and a little over halfway you decided you were done with the stroller and wanted to be in your carrier.  you clung to my shirt like a little monkey and nestled into me, once again just settling peace into my heart.  we got home and i fed you lunch, which you devoured (shredded carrots, grapes, and puffs) and you curled up on me for your second nap.  that leo woke you up when dada came home with his and mama's lunch but you remained all smiles and although daddy threatens to get rid of leo for all the trouble he causes, i know we will always be a family.

after lunch, i wanted to take you swimming, daddy and i were a little nervous, we weren't sure if you would like it and were convinced we would pay just to stay there for 20 minutes and have to come home.  baby girl, you surprised me in ways i didn't even know were possible.  the first 20 minutes you clung to me and snuggled in, overwhelmed by the kids and loud noises but all of the sudden you broke out of your shell and came to life!  you were blowing raspberries at the lifeguards, smiling at the other kids, and babbling away to daddy and i.  you kept "swimming" back and forth from dad to i.  you little legs kicking away and your arms making tiny paddling motions.  my little fish is definitely not afraid of the water.  i know you lit our hearts up with your pure joy in swimming.  watching you enjoy your time with us was the best gift i could have ever been given.

you fell asleep on the way home but it was only a cat nap, i felt for sure you would nap once we got home but you were raring to go!  so go we did, for ice cream and you enjoyed your tiny baby cone of vanilla and even got a few bites of cone in before daddy called it quits.  both of us had ice cream all over us as you felt the best way to enjoy it was by digging in with your fists.  daddy and i stopped at the grocery store with you on the way home and picked you up fresh fruit and you had your first taste of watermelon when we got home.  you love your fruit little girl.  a bath to clean up and some snuggles and you drifted off to sleep.

baby girl, it is hard to describe what my first birthday was like being a mom, but the only word that really describes it is perfect.  i hope you know what you mean to me and how much a part of me you are (after all you lived in my belly!), you are my miracle and my perfect gift.  i love you so much my sweet baby girl, thank you for my birthday.

to my husband, my handsome husband, who totally fooled me and gave me the best surprise by getting the day off work when originally i didn't think you would be able to, you are my heart.  none of the above would be possible without you.  my birthday comes so close to the day we met, which in my heart i feel was a sort of renaissance in my life.  it is such a sobering reminder of how unhappy i was the day i turned 23 and i never thought in 3 years that i could be this happy and this fulfilled.  i love you more than you will ever know, but i hope i show you at least part of it in our years together.  i enjoyed the most perfect day with you and love you more than you know.

all my love, xoxoxx,
bria

No comments