Skip to main content

wants and wishes

hello spring!  or in ohio... hello mud! rain! overcast days that make you feel like you are nearing the end of the world!

oh no... just me?  okay.

anyways, back to the topic at hand.  i like to pick up a few pieces every season to help update the wardrobe that i already have.  sometimes i pick up expensive key pieces... but usually it's 3-4 cheap look of the moment pieces.  here is what i am coveting or have already picked up


one // two // three // four // five

maxi skirt: i am kinda over jeans... (1) not comfortable (2) i like dark washes so they never look appropriate in the daytime (3) i feel i am almost always showing crack... not pretty but true.  maxi skirt pluses (1) versatile (2) comfortable (3) won't be flashing people as i get babe in and out of vehicle

jeggings: i abhor the word but with a closet full of black leggings worn as pants, i need something new and fresh for spring.  at ten bucks a pop these aren't going to break the bank if i don't like them.. should still be comfortable and hopefully won't ride down.  i picked up an electric blue and white (so classic) to spice up the wardrobe and match my tops

lace panel top: they offer this in neon but purchased in grey it can last more than one season and transition to fall.  i love victorias secret because i really feel their clothes hold up well through washes (hello spit up!) and there is always something a little bit sexy about their fit but still forgiving.  

maxi dress: the other reason i like victorias secret is that they recycle their clothes a lot through the seasons, just updating the colors/prints.  for example, i scooped up one of these dresses for $27 bucks around christmastime, the print was different (purple and yellow).  i know it will be comfortable in the summer, last me a couple years and i can dress it down with a plain white t over top or up with a sexy necklace and bangles.

zip mini: oh.my.all.that.is.holy.  do yourself a favor... these are still on clearance and just buy one.  it is THE SINGLE MOST COMFORTABLE skirt i have ever owned and it is sexy as hell.  i wore mine over leggings with a black top for a date with the hubby but it will transition into spring with bare legs and t-shirts.  i bought mine in the electric blue and a subtle animal print. 

so there you have it, i am still waiting for the jeggings to come via mail but as soon as i get them... maybe i will do an outfit post??  what's on everyone's wants come springtime??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

treat it.

to everyone who has never been touched by suicide,

i get it.  i used to be like you too.  here are the most common views of suicide i either heard or personally held growing up:

that person is selfish
that person is crazy
that person is a coward
they wanted to die
they were depressed for a long time and finally went through with it
there are always warning signs, so people know it's coming
that it's preventable
THAT IT WOULDN'T AFFECT ME


there is this social stigma around depression, suicide, etc.  i can't tell you what it is like to not be able to talk openly about my husband's death.  to see people either openly or privately distance themselves from my pain, search for reasons that he did it beyond the fact that he was ill and we didn't catch it in time, connect dots that aren't connected.  all so they can convince themselves that they will never know the pain, and i honestly hope they don't- but it's possible they will.  i know people whose lives…

dreams.

to my love,

i hope you know how much i miss you.  the words, of course, fall short.  but there they are, just the same.  i.miss.you.  i told addy that you and elly can live in our hearts forever, but this of course is a lie.  death is permanent and there is no living to be done once the breathe leaves our bodies.  you are not living on in our hearts, minds, or souls.  there is no living to yet be done for you.  instead we are left with our memories which time will eventually dull.  numbing ourselves to the very sense of you.  it is that way for me with my mom, my memories of her are stunted and few and we had eight years together.

does it bother you to know the only real remembrance your children will have of you is seen through my eyes and my hearts?  the sharp reality of their dad is forever lost to them.

people are trying to instill hope in me in regards to my future.  i know they mean well but it is coming off condescending.  no one but my own being knows my pain.  i am not here…
Dear Cavs,

Our playoff season started the day my five week old daughter, Elly, passed away, twelve days later my husband also died suddenly.
Your road to the finals, so fraught with emotion was also the start of a very difficult, seemingly impossible journey for me.

I started watching at game five... when we were down 3-1, I thought for sure that we would lose that game- when we won, all of a sudden- I cared.  When so many lights had gone out for me there was all of a sudden very small glimmer of hope and dare I say satisfaction possibly ahead.

It would have seemed from the circumstances that I shouldn't care whether we won or lost, so many things in my life didn't hold their meaning anymore- but I did.  I couldn't help it.  The enthusiasm was infectious.  These games gave  me hope.

I watched as you won game five and game six and I'll never forget seeing Kyrie on the bench after six holding up his seven fingers.... Here we go.

I almost regretted getting invested as I …